Food. Glorious food. Wouldn't you want to make some? :3

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mini Doughnuts : Chocolate, honey, and sugar :3

Assalamualaikum. :)

Mini doughnuts. 
This recipe, I learned not long ago, from watching Masterchef Australia 2010. My brother had downloaded the entire season and, it was, really exciting and fun, watching people who are passionate about cooking giving it all they got and all, and I learned a lot of things from watching them.  

And this doughnut is something they learned in their Masterclass. It's a little bit different from the usual way of making doughnuts, because it uses a
sort of batter instead of a dough. 

This evening, was my third time trying out this recipe. And I finally got the shape nicely rounded. The first time, I mixed up the steps. The dough didn't rise. The second, it tasted heavenly because it's so very fluffy. But. It looks real hideous and I didn't use any powdered sugar for the coating because I was extremely lazy and I couldn't find the dry blender. I substitute it with cinnamon honey instead. As a result, the doughnuts smelled really nice and perfumed. :3.

 It's not round, it's oval and have little 'horns' on them. It's not round, The Mother kept reminding me. =,='

The third time, well. Third time's the charm. :3

So here's the recipe.
Well, roughly. Because I'm not one who uses exact measurements, I just go with what I feel is best. Sometimes it's a good thing, especially if you have experience. But really, in baking you need to be precise. It's just better that way.

A.
1 and 1/2 glass of fresh milk.
5 tbsp of sugar
75g of butter

B
600g of flour
a pinch of salt

C
One packet of dry yeast
1 tbsp of flour

. melt the butter and sugar together with the milk over low heat.
. in a small bowl, mix the yeast with some of the heated milk, and later add 1tbsp of flour. Make sure the milk is body temperature, and not too hot lest it kills the yeast. If you see bubbles form, that's good. That's the yeast multiplying.
. In a large bowl, mix the yeast with the flour and salt.
. Gradually add the warm milk, stirring and mixing along the way.
. When all the milk have been poured, the mixture should be a thick batter, slightly thinner than a dough. 
. Leave it to proof (rise) for about half an hour. It should be double in size by then.
. Heat your deep fryer, and form little balls of the dough/batter (I used two spoons for this.)and fry away. At first I find it hard to get perfect rounded balls, but that''s okay. You'll get the hang of it in no time. :)
. The fryer musn't be too hot, lest it cook too quickly on the outside, before the inside do. The balls will float to the surface, just keep turning them until they get nice and golden.
. Coat them with finely blended sugar/ icing sugar. You can also use honey, like I did, just drizzle it onto the doughnuts.

                   I don't have a deep fryer. Just fill your wok with oil like this will do.
                                                     It is round, isn't it?

And, my brother requested chocolate covered doughnuts, which I did, too. For the chocolate sauce, just melt some cooking chocolates over double boiler, with some whipping cream. Dip the doughnuts in and voila ! :3


 Happy cooking, people ! :3
 ( last time I didn't put a comma after cooking, and it read as if I ask you to bake people and be happy about it. >.< )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clickme.