Food. Glorious food. Wouldn't you want to make some? :3

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rainbow Butter Cake: Picnic Mood yes.





Assalamualaikum. :3

 Playing with the interior design of the cake, is real fun. I cannot believe I haven't done this one earlier. The idea came when I viewed Mama Chak's Recipe. The blog has got loads of lovely decoration designs for numerous occasions. And the blogger lately tried doing rainbow cake. She baked separate layers then assembling them quite nicely, different from what I did.  Now I did my version of the rainbow cake using butter cake recipe. I know it tasted wonderful and would be perfect for the picnic my family were having the day after. The only difference was, I used lots of food colouring for the rainbow effect. I guess because I never did this I got each of my siblings coming into the kitchen, one after the other,  asking, 
" Kau buat apa ni? "  =,=
yes, with that face.

Butter cake. The very basic recipe a baker should
know, I must say. But heh, it wasn't the first cake I baked. Mine was, chocolate cake. When I was little, come the end of Ramadhan I would help The Mother bake it and later when I can do it without any help it became my duty. And I love the fact that I have some sort of a role to play each Hari Raya. ( each day, in fact ) To be,
The One Who Fattens Up The Family Members. 
This is a role I assume with all my heart these days, loving every minute of it. :3 My sister is of course not very fond of this. She's wanting to shed some kilos, dieting and all. All the more reason my job is fun. Heheeee :D


Anyway. Rainbow Butter cake. This is how you do it. 
You'll need,  

300g of butter
300g of flour ( sifted )
200g of brown sugar
1/2 cup of milk
4 eggs
2 tsp of baking powder
7 different food colourings.

. cream the butter and sugar until it turns fluffy.


. add the eggs one at a time, beating well each time.
. fold in the flour and the baking powder.
. add in the milk, little by litlte, folding the mixture well.
. spoon your mixture into seven different bowls and add in a few drops of the food colourings, one colour for each bowl. Mix well.











. grease and flour your baking pan. preheat the oven to 150'c 
. pour on your cake mixture, one colour after another. You may have to smooth out the mixture to get even layers of colours.
. bake for about and hour. 


mine didn't turned out quite the way I had hoped it to be, but all in all, happy days. :3

2 comments:

  1. waaaaahh..cantik2...cun2.

    --mimy lagi---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. haha. Rajin gila kau comment. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clickme.